Tuesday, August 21, 2012

4th Grade Co-Teaching Team of Jana Patrolia & Cathy Kirby


A few words from Jana Patrolia
I grew up and spent my childhood years in sultry Houston, TX. Then, I attended Texas A&M University until I graduated in 1985 with a degree in business computer science and worked in the business world as a programmer/analyst for five years. During this time, I discovered that I had a passion for teaching.  So, I went back to college to pursue this passion and became certified as an elementary teacher.  After living and teaching in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, I finally landed in the picturesque town of Smithville, TX.  I have enjoyed living here for the past eighteen years with my husband, Rick, son, Matthew, and multiple pets.  This will be my nineteenth year as a teacher with the Smithville ISD.  I have taught 5th grade, 3rd grade, and most recently worked as a math intervention teacher.  I have been on both the Brown Primary and Smithville Elementary School campuses.  I am very excited to join the 4th grade team this year.  In my spare time, I love to read by the pool, surf the web, and spend time with my family.  I can't wait to see my students “soar to success” this year.

A few words from Cathy Kirby
 My name is Mrs.Catherine Kirby.   I have lived in the country near Smithville  for over 30 years and raised two fine young men who are products of the Smithville Schools.  I have worked for the Smithville School District for over 15 of those years.  

This year I will transition onto the Special Ed team where I will co-teach a fourth grade class with another professional in my old room.  Though I will miss being a solo teacher, I have always loved the inclusion teaching model and know this is an exciting opportunity for both students and educators.   I look forward to meeting my new students and their parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment