Monday, May 2, 2011

Children's Book Week

This week we will be celebrating Children's Book Week.  Our Librarian, Krystel Guiterrez, has fun activities scheduled all week including Skyping with children's authors, Battle of the Books Contest, class book readings, and a Read-In on Friday in the Red Brick Auditorium.

As a part of Children's Book Week I want to share about a book that was recently recommended to me by a 4th grade student.  The book is titled The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling.

I enjoyed reading the book and was fascinated by the author's ability to engage young readers with the short stories.  Not being a reader of Harry Potter books, I was equally amazed when I found out that this book came from one of the novels in the Harry Potter series.  Each story grabbed my attention leaving me eager to turn the page for more. 

My 4th grader who recommended the book did tell me that I would probably not like the story of The Warlock's Hairy Heart, and he was correct.  The book The Tales of Beedle the Bard is available in our school library - check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment