Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thanks for the support and well wishes

Thursday I leave for Canyon, Texas and more specifically Palo Duro Canyon State Park to participate in the Palo Duro 50 Mile Trail Race. I am excited, anxious, and humbled. I am excited to embark on a journey of 50 miles which I have been preparing for since December of last year. I am anxious about the distance and ability of my body and mind to endure the task. I am humbled by the love of the people who have wished me good luck and even wondered if I am a little crazy.

I have run a couple of marathons and 50K trail races but this 50 mile adventure is a new test - one that I am excited about and feel well prepared. I have endured alone the long training runs as well as the brutal heat of the summer. I am more reflective and patient as I feel more in tune with who I am and what I can do. I have learned that in time I will complete my task and by pacing myself I will succeed.

We face these kinds of challenges in education all the time - always preparing for a test that determines our success. We hope that the hours we put in will help us reach our goals, all the while keeping our focus on the true purpose of our profession - loving kids and watching them grow and reach their potential. In the end success comes in many forms not solely measured by a single accomplishment.

Here too, with a 50 mile race ahead of me, I know I will be successful. I have the spirit of each of you with me as well as love and support. No matter what my finishing time is, I know that I have prepared well and will do my best.

Thank you all for your kind words, well wishes, and love. Each of you will be with me in my heart...

Have a great week and I'll see you all on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment